Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Home of the free, land of the idiots

Dear World,

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU?!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39180275/ns/us_news-immigration_a_nation_divided/

REALLY?! This story is ridiculous on a level I didn't think existed. We put a man on the MOON but somehow deporting an AMERICAN CITIZEN is easier than using all that fancy technology to verify the authenticity of a birth certificate? It's called a TELEPHONE, did they even use it?

Being out of the country and seeing the news makes me not want to return. It's way past time that America stop thinking it's better than everyone else. It's not. We're not. The world is a groovy place and Americans need to take their silver spoons out of their cups at their tea parties and GET OVER THEMSELVES.

I am appalled. Sometimes I read the news, go out with friends here and hope and pray they didn't read the same articles I did. Because there is no way I could or would want to defend my country for some of the things that it does. There are millions of wonderful things about my country but they're beginning to be lost among stories of hate and blatant stupidity.

Since when is not being fluent in English a crime? Can we pat the kid on the back for having basic knowledge of a language other than his native tongue? There are two people in my family that know more than 30 or so words in Spanish. So, really, can we move on to more important things than fueling Mexiphobia and trying to establish an official language for a place that is supposed to be a melting pot?

But it's okay, France is making a fool of themselves also.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39175408/ns/world_news-europe/

In other news, I may be going to Mendoza this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Amen E....this reminds me of the Cinder days....thanks for the memory. Have fun in Mendoza this weekend.

    ReplyDelete